Sunday

Completely unrelated to dance....

Do you mind if i give you a little sneak peek into my life at the moment? Warning: it has nothing to do with dance, but everything with being a teenager in high school.

So here's the story
First Installment:
Junior Prom is coming up, as anyone reading this blog will have noticed. So I planned to ask one of my guy friends. I was hesitant to ask him because I felt like I was putting myself out there by doing so, and I didn't want to hint at the fact that I've had a crush on him for the last 2 years. 
But I decided I would anyway. 

Wednesday night, me and two other girls go out to deliver our invitations to each of our prospective dates.
The first two go fine. 

Of course, I was last. 

We get to his house, park the car across the street. 
As we are crossing the street, his little brother walks outside and so we run back to our car so he wont see us. 

While we are hiding, another car drives past then circles the block. 
We emerge from our hiding spot and start to go to the house again. 

Suddenly, the car that drove past pulls up to the house.
Two girls jump out and place an invitation on the front step while we are literally halfway across the street.

Yes. They knew I was going to ask him.
But I guess it didn't matter.

Long story short, I had to humiliate myself in front of the boy and his family and in the end he chose the other girl (lets nickname her britt. it sounds like b*tch)
And on top of that I still have to see him every morning because he takes me to school.

Second Installment:
I now had a new problem. Who should I ask to prom? Being new to the school, I didn't know too many guys who were still 'up for grabs'.
But my best friend(Lillo) told me I could ask Charlie.
Charlie was the best friend of Lillo's ex-boyfriend, and she had sort of been flirting with him for the last little bit, but their break up was a little too soon for anything to happen between them.

Charlie: popular, funny, athletic and verrry cute. There was the slight problem that he didn't know me and I didn't exactly know him but it was just a dance, after all.
So I asked him.

A couple of days later we officially introduced ourselves to each other at lunch and I gave him my number etc. etc. two days later he started texting blah blah blah

and this is where the story really begins.

to be continued.....








No comments:

Post a Comment